Bidvertiser

01 June 2010

Black Diamondz Mixtape Performance and Video Shoot 6/3/10 at Endo Exo

I don't know where everyone else will be this Thursday, but I plan to be at Endo Exo, representing with The Prolegend Movement as they perform hits from their latest mixtape, Black Diamondz.  If you're down for some great live hip-hop music, then you need to be there too.  They will also be shooting part two of the video for "Take Me Home (One Too Many)", so make sure you come dressed to impress.  Guest performer and reggae artist Mosiah Jones will also be in the place, adding a little Caribbean flavor to the scene.

The Prolegend Movement is a group of four guys straight from Duval who are making big moves in the local hip-hop scene.  The more I listen to their music and understand the drive and passion that they have for creating a unique sound, the more I am impressed with them.  Lafeyette Williams (Laf Legend), Langston Williams (Lankdizzim), Randolph Harris (Mass Pro), and Jacorie Johnson (J.Co) mix great music with murderous skills on the mic to create a sound that's going to put 904 on the map for sure.  The first time that I heard "Take Me Home", I thought of one my favorite movies, Brown Sugar.  Sanaa Lathan's character, Sidney, was a music writer/editor and she started each one of her interviews by asking the question "when did you fall in love with hip-hop?"  "Take Me Home" reminded me of when  I fell in love with hip-hop.  The track took me back to what hip-hop used to be-great emceeing and mad sounds, before much of the genre fell prey to played out samples and tired verses. 

So if you feel like I do, then come be a part of The Prolegend Nation, because this movement is going forward with or without you. 

Black Diamondz Mixtape Performance and Video Shoot-Endo Exo 1224 King St. Jacksonville, 32207
Show starts at 10 p.m., $5 at the door, "tell 'em you're with The Prolegend Nation".  18 to enter, 21 to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment